Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun Recipes...

So I was facebooking it yesterday, and I happen to be a fan of My Baby's Green, LLC...awesome blog by the way...well she happened to have this up from http://www.healthychild.org/ and I thought it was AMAZING...my skin is so dry right now from the winter air (and I am, unfortunately, one of those pasty people who peel and flake) I tried this sugar scrub...mmm...my face feels so great...and it fits in with my principles as well, it's healthy, natural, and CHEAP! Most of these items are staples in my house, so I didn't have to spend any money...

1. Avocado mask. My kids think this is hilarious, but after you eat an avocado, rub the skin lightly against your face. Leave the leftover avocado bits on for skin for about ten minutes and then rinse.
2. Sugar scrub. A few years back, I used a sugar scrub at a friend’s house – it was amazing! But, when I found them in the store, I suffered a bit of sticker shock. It seemed like an easy enough product to make at home and it turns out it truly is. I found dozens of recipes on-line - the simplest is 1 cup sugar, ½ cup olive oil, and a few drops of essential oil (optional).
3. Regular rejuvenation. Mix 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, and ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Apply mixture to your face for 10 minutes and rinse. Weekly application rejuvenates the skin.
4. Hair care. Dry, damaged hair? Mix ¼ cup plain yogurt, ¼ cup mayonnaise, and 1 egg white. Apply to hair and comb through for even coverage. Leave for 30 minutes and then rinse.
5. Eye De-puffer. You’ve seen it before. It really works. Put a slice of chilled cucumber over your eyes for 10 minutes.
6. Detoxifying bath. Mix ¾ Epsom salts, ¼ cup baking soda, and a few drops of whatever essential oil you like (or none). Add to bath water and relax.
7. Under eye eraser. Apply thin slices of potato under your eyes for 10 minutes to fade dark circles. Great for sleep-deprived moms!
8. Lip gloss. Soften and condition your lips while adding shine by rubbing olive oil on them. Add a bit of beet juice for color if you’d like.
9. All over moisturizer. Olive oil with a few drops of essential oil. (These two ingredients, as you can tell by now, are the power players in your DIY spa kit.)
10. Coffee scrub. Another fantastic pick-me-up for tired out mamas. Make your morning cup of joe. Mix 3 Tablespoons of the used coffee grounds and 1 Tablespoon salt in a bowl. Use as a scrub in the shower within 20 minutes (before the grounds start to oxidize).
I love how easy all of these are, how most of the ingredients are staples in my kitchen, and the peace of mind that comes with pampering naturally.
How about you? Do you have and tips or recipes for DIY beauty treatments?


Read more: http://healthychild.org/blog/comments/10_ways_to_pamper_yourself_naturally/#ixzz1BECpGf6o

No comments:

Post a Comment